Monday 9 January 2012

A case full of goodies!

Last saturday a good friend of mine came by for a couple of beers and with him came a case full of miniature goodness! As a kid he collected some minitures and as he has no use for them now he decided to give them to me! With the case their came a bunch of Orks that still need to be painted and assembled, a bunch of pretty old space marines and imperial guardsmen. An Ork Warbuggy and something that looks like a kind of ork pickup on tracks. Sadly most objects have been drowned in paint, and much detail has been lost. I'll have to figure some way of getting the paint off the plastic withour melting away to much detail.
The Ork vehicles will suit my army just fine. Along with the case there also came loads of barrickades and tank trap kind of structures. I bet I could use those for a looted tank conversion of sorts. I also got two Necromunda figures that look pretty cool and as they are metal i'm sure that cleaning them will be easier. One little gem in the box is a metal Space Wulf Seargent with a powerfist, the poor chap is missing an arm but i'm sure I'll find him a plastic one of sorts. I realy like the Guardsmen and will try to give them some kind of airborne theme, three of them have paitn on them though so I'll need to clean them up first. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the incredibly ugly hill that came with the box. Hopefully I can convert it in a way to look...well...better. As some parts have a "made in West-Germany" imprint, I figure that the content of the case is pretty old. Anyway I thought I'd share my newest aquisition with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment